Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Dunston Hill War Pensioner Hospital

Peterhastie

From the Admission and Discharge Registers 1939 -1945 (Men participating in World War I,) of Dunston Hill Hospital, Gateshead, there is an abbreviation I’m struggling to interpret. “NTR” is in the column shown below and applies to a large percentage of admissions - discharges. I haven’t counted, but it’s about 90% or more. Has anyone come across it before?

Screenshot 2024-02-13 161453.png

NTR/No Treatment Required is an accepted medical abbreviation but it seems improbable in this case considering the time spent in hospital by some of these fellows.

Thank you both. I thought maybe No Transfer Required, as in not to another hospital. But, why not just say Discharged Home or DH.

On 13/02/2024 at 21:52, TullochArd said:

NTR/No Treatment Required is an accepted medical abbreviation but it seems improbable in this case considering the time spent in hospital by some of these fellows.

...... I had a look at this again. "NTR" is a very much in use medical term that applies to occasions where discharge concludes "No Treatment Required" as in no more follow ups, no more ongoing medication, no more further treatment or continued support and care.....as in "job done".   

That's today so whether the same was used 100 years ago I simply do not know.   

Edited by TullochArd

On 14/02/2024 at 13:14, TullochArd said:

...... I had a look at this again. "NTR" is a very much in use medical term that applies to occasions where discharge concludes "No Treatment Required" as in no more follow ups, no more ongoing medication, no more further treatment or continued support and care.....as in "job done".   

That's today so whether the same was used 100 years ago I simply do not know.   

Thankyou