Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

French 6th Army in September 1916: any maps?

Biltea

Hi there

I am researching the progress of the French Sixth Army north of the Somme, in September 1916.
The AFGG (online) is very good on the details of the attacks etc, but seems to contain very few maps. It is maps I need now.
The maps I am looking for would show, preferably by division and corps, how the 6th Army moved north and northeast to reach a point beyond Combles by the end of September.
I would appreciate any assistance you can give me in finding such maps, please.

Thanks -Bill

If you look at TrenchMapper, you will find a very large number of maps, all georeferenced. They are not listed by type (yet) but if you go to the 1:40,000 maps or smaller scale like 1;100,000, there are numerous examples that show progress, units etc.

To start, put Pozieres in Advanced Search then change maps in the lower left panel.

Howard

9 hours ago, Biltea said:

Hi there

I am researching the progress of the French Sixth Army north of the Somme, in September 1916.
The AFGG (online) is very good on the details of the attacks etc, but seems to contain very few maps. It is maps I need now.
The maps I am looking for would show, preferably by division and corps, how the 6th Army moved north and northeast to reach a point beyond Combles by the end of September.
I would appreciate any assistance you can give me in finding such maps, please.

Thanks -Bill

Have you tried this website: https://www.carto1418.fr/index.php

Jan