Birth Place Dunton Bassett, Nr. Leicester, Leicestershire, England
Service Date 25 Sep 1917
Service Number 238814
Spouse Mary Ford
Next of Kin Mary Ford
Relation to Airman

Wife

Seeking more info such as where he served if in any major battles etc

First service was in the RNAS as F.38814   -   https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D6838739   

Serving at RNAS MANSTON when transferred to the RAF. Employed as an Aircraftman (Labourer).

https://www.rafmuseumstoryvault.org.uk/archive/7000170144-ford-a.e

RAF record   -   https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C12470458    This is available to download from Findmypast.

Edited by horatio2

It is worth bearing in mind that 'Members may NOT use the GWF as a platform to ask parties who are subscribers to various subscription sites to download material on their behalf or to post it on the GWF.'

The RAF Muster, as posted above, is one free to access source of information on those men already serving, to be transferred from the RFC and RNAS to the RAF on 1 April 1918.

10 minutes ago, Keith_history_buff said:

It is worth bearing in mind that 'Members may NOT use the GWF as a platform to ask parties who are subscribers to various subscription sites to download material on their behalf or to post it on the GWF.'

I’m a little confused by your post as TomWW1 asked for more information rather than a look up, or download of material!
 horatio2 replied by posting links to available information.  Surely this is simply showing TomWW1 where to look for sources in the future.  

Posting an Ancestry transcription to a Fold3 document, to my mind, implies they would like a member to post said item on the forum.

I did make a point of referencing the RAF muster in my post, which is free to access.

Ancestry transcription of Fold3 AIR 79 record.JPG

11 minutes ago, Keith_history_buff said:

Posting an Ancestry transcription to a Fold3 document, to my mind, implies they would like a member to post said item on the forum.

I did make a point of referencing the RAF muster in my post, which is free to access.

Ancestry transcription of Fold3 AIR 79 record.JPG

I saw the posting of the transcription as an easy way to share the military and biographical details he already knew. Surely we should help encourage the interest shown by the younger generation.