Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal images for Rifleman John Edward WORTON A/3504 KRRC KIA 1915

mjc1

Just a quick one please.

Does any kind body know where I can download a graphic image of what Johns Medals would have been please?

I guess that would have included the dead mans penny>

Thank you folks. You are very kind.

Mike

• Admin

@Chris_Baker has images of the campaign medals here, perhaps a PM to him asking to use the images? 

https://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/soldiers/how-to-research-a-soldier/campaign-medal-records/the-british-campaign-medals-for-the-great-war/

You are welcome to use this image of a death penny (husbands great great uncle) 

IMG_0982.jpeg

If he had a trio and plaque this would be the type.

the only difference being, if he was an early enlister the 1914/15 star pictured would be 1914 star different wreath on front, if he only had the BWM and victory pair then the middle and right hand pair. Just checked, service record does say 14/15 star trio so as the picture.

image.jpeg

Edited by chaz

He has a surviving service record on Ancestry: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discoveryui-content/view/1427063:1219?tid=&pid=&queryId=4c5869f6-ce0b-4d35-b44d-549dcc8b66d1&_phsrc=qzF13715&_phstart=successSource   His 1914-15 star was claimed & received as well as the BWM & VM:

NB Mrs E Morton was his aunt (NoK).     He attested 29 August 1914, embarked 19 May 1915, KIA 30 July 1915 with 7th Bn KRRC.

Morton star.png

Morton BWM.png

Morton VM.png

Edited by Ivor Anderson
Additional Info

Thank you Ivor, Very kind. I do have his papers from Ancestry. He is one of the few distant relatives that died in the Great War that I have Photos of. Thank you. Mike

Chris, I will use yours if I may please since they are laid out so well. they will look good on his webpage. Thank you very much. Mike