Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lee Enfield mk1

Kippah

I know it’s a long shot but is there anyone out here that can direct me to were i May be able to obtain a nose cap for my Lee Enfield mk1 (long Tom) mile rifle  kippah666 regards 

These are usually referred to as a "rigby" nose cap I think - I was able to get one several years ago on eBay to complete a MLE "range rifle" (A MLE that had been shortened to SMLE length to allow its continued use in service rifle matches). There was a seller in AUS/NZ who frequently had parts for MLEs etc. So it might be worth searching on there or seeing if any of the members on here from Aus/NZ have any insights.

If you are in the US market be aware that about 10 years ago lots of "Khyber Pass" rifles were imported into the US. Some of these made use of original parts but many were very crudely constructed (really they were only facsimiles of rifles) some of these are being parted out so make sure you examine the parts.  I got one simply for interest and to compare it to a real rifle and the nosecap was very crude and there was no way a bayonet could come even close to fitting... Just an FYI.

Chris

I have done a bit of a search in this neck of the woods of some of the known Enfield parts sellers, but as yet have not come across one of these early nose caps for sale.

Have you tried "libertytreecollectors.com", they may know of one; also check out their Reference Library section for photo's of very nice shortened Long Tom rifle. 

If you can get to any gun shows in your area, scratch through dealers bits and pieces parts boxes, you never know what you may find, and don't be afraid to ask the dealers.

I think this photo is of the type of nose cap that you are wanting?.

Cheers, 

TR

LeeEnfieldMk1NoseCap.jpg

That’s the one mate, bit restricted as can’t send firearm parts to Australia thanks for your input regards kippah

Have you tried Lubudda, Lee Spares & Repairs at Wondai, Qld. Brian used to be the king of the Lee Enfields, never know what he still has in his shed.

Cheers,

TR

You would not believe it but I rang him this morning and he just sent one off. Missed by that much,says he will have another look, really nice fella 

• 2 months later...
On 31/01/2024 at 06:41, Kippah said:

Thank you for this, i shall continue my search for a”rigby” style nose cap cheers 

PM me if you are still stuck, I have some lying around somewhere in the shed in an old ice cream container.

kind regards

g