Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

7541 Pte James O Connor_ RMF

C Coy 2 Royal Irish Rifles

I am looking at an interesting item - 7541 Pte James O Connor went ashore in Gallipoli 25 April 1915, researched from his MIC and medals rolls, and here he is getting evacuated 25 Nov 1918 onboard 31 Ambulance train in France with Z Coy 1 RMF.  They were billeted in Lille at the point of the Armistice 11.11.18

Need now to fill in the blanks from 1915 to 1918. 

image.png

Hi. 

I think this is you man on this link: RMF disbandment

He was a pre-war regular, enlisting in 1904. He stayed with the Munsters until disbandment in 1922 & then joined the East Surrey Regiment - 18+ year service. 

During the war he served with the 1st & 8th Btn of the RMF. You can get quick summary of what both battalions did in the war on The long long trail website. 

@Jervis I don’t think it’s the same man, my man has a Regt no of 7541. @Jervis I stand corrected his Regt No is on the far right 7541 written in red ink. How fantastic is that! Thanks for your steer. Wonderful. 

Edited by C Coy 2 Royal Irish Rifles

6 hours ago, C Coy 2 Royal Irish Rifles said:

@Jervis I don’t think it’s the same man, my man has a Regt no of 7541. @Jervis I stand corrected his Regt No is on the far right 7541 written in red ink. How fantastic is that! Thanks for your steer. Wonderful. 

That is goods news, I am glad. 

4 hours ago, C Coy 2 Royal Irish Rifles said:

@Jervis would you mind sending me a link to the wounding 10 06 18

The link won’t work unless you have a subscription, I am attaching screenshot here - but it does not add any more detail unfortunately. 
I should add -the date of 10/06/1918 is probably the date the information was published by the war office and the actual wounding itself was likely to be some 2 to 4 weeks before the reported date  

IMG_2501.jpeg

Edited by Jervis

@Jervis thanks for all of your help and for the information you have provided. I appreciate it greatly.