Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unknown horse whip.

Bill3688

Good evening guys. I am completely lost. I have found this horse whip in my grand father's attic. Its believed to be WW1 but I cannot find what the insignia is. Can any one help?

MASSIVE THANKS 

20240126_095556.jpg

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. The badge looks like the Royal Corps of Signals founded 1920. The Certa Cito motto was adopted in 1947. I will await the experts like @FROGSMILE to confirm. 

• Michelle Young changed the title to Unknown horse whip.
22 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Welcome to the forum. The badge looks like the Royal Corps of Signals founded 1920. The Certa Cito motto was adopted in 1947. I will await the experts like @FROGSMILE to confirm. 

Bang on correct Michelle, it looks more like a swagger stick head than a riding whip, but we’d need to see the other end to be sure. 

Edited by FROGSMILE

Thank you so much for your time. I served for 25 years , recently left and was attached to the Royal Signals! I think your 100% correct and I apologise for wasting your time as it wouldn't be from the WW1 era. 

Graham

20 minutes ago, Bill3688 said:

Thank you so much for your time. I served for 25 years , recently left and was attached to the Royal Signals! I think your 100% correct and I apologise for wasting your time as it wouldn't be from the WW1 era. 

Graham

No problem Graham, formation level signals during WW1 were provided by the forebears of the Royal Signals, the Signals Service, Royal Engineers.

Edited by FROGSMILE

• Michelle Young locked this topic
  • Admin

As off topic will lock this