Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THE BLACKTHORN : MAGAZINE OF THE 10TH (COMMERCIAL) BATTALION, ROYAL DUBLIN FUSILIERS

Machalovich

Hello all,

Probably a long shot, but I am wondering if anyone has any images or knows where I can access a copy of "THE BLACKTHORN : MAGAZINE OF THE 10TH (COMMERCIAL) BATTALION, ROYAL DUBLIN FUSILIERS" - to the best of my knowledge this was a 2 volume magazine produced by the RDF during the initial formation of the 10th bn between April - June 1916. My Great Uncle was part of the unit during this period and am curious to see if I can track down a copy of the magazines. Google has not been much use and while the IWM appear to have copies in their collection, I don't have the first clue how to go about getting a look at them!

Any help would be appreciated - i have previously found the post below where a user mentioned having a copy, but unfortunately haven't received a response there, no doubt due to the age of the thread!

Russ, thank you - am very grateful to yourself, busterfield, and the owner of that site for having made those available