Exterior view :

DSCN0460.JPG.813b65c57b1c540e52794fd32b06a7d5.JPG

Interior view :

DSCN0463.JPG.2e802f72ef6fcf27de0c8922a59fd847.JPG

Sticky label :

SDpattern17_0004.jpg.57614364426a5fd110fd577efe8fa6ea.jpg

2 darts on either side of the collar :

DSCN0463-Copie.JPG.cfea5375d1e78ed3abd6630b1bd85727.JPG

On the Pattern 22, there is only a collar clip and the pocket label is glued.

regards

michel

Post 1922 Service Dress Jackets (although there is quite a lot of variation particularly in the later production examples) but in my experience typically; 

• All have tan pocket lining/reinforces,
  • Where they have a label, they all have a CLOTH label stitched into the front right breast.
  • All have only a single dart under the collar
  • (Almost all) have prominent WD/Broad Arrow/number inspection stamps inside the right front of the jacket
  • Some later / WWII produced ones closely resemble the earlier "Simplified" SD jackets (without pocket pleats and rifle patches). I have seen examples with rifle patches but without pleats in the pockets
  • They often show up with WWII vintage "plastic" (compressed vegetable?) GS buttons. Some have no buttonholes on lower pockets
  • (Appear to me) to be slimmer cut than earlier ones.

I have several and will try and take some pics over the next couple of days to illustrate the features.

That said, I use P1922 SD for displays on mannequins because once there is a SBR and/or other equipment hung over them they are largely indistinguishable from originals and can be found at a fraction of the price (usually about the same price as a modern reproduction P1902 SD Jacket) and I can display them without particular concern or huge amounts of care compared to wartime examples.

Chris