Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

D.D OF F

Oldleg

I am freading the war diaries of a couple of Forestry Corps companies and I was wondering if anyone could give the meaning of the accronym  D.D or F, I have tried to look it up fbut I can not find any reference to it, am I right in thinking it Directory of Defence of Forestry? 

@Oldleg

As noted in your thread on Colonel Oldham, in December 1917 the Royal Engineers records office at Chatham received a roll from the Director of Forestry of those officers under the Directors' command who were believed to be entitled to the 1914 Star.

The bit that's of relevant to your latest query is that the address given was "Headquarters, Directorate of Forestry, General Headquarters, B.A., France".

GMOldhamRoyalEngineersMiCsourcedreversecrop.jpg.7040ad41bca7db84ee7ee3a25ddb372b.jpg

Image courtesy Ancestry.

Cheers,
Peter

36 minutes ago, PRC said:

@Oldleg

As noted in your thread on Colonel Oldham, in December 1917 the Royal Engineers records office at Chatham received a roll from the Director of Forestry of those officers under the Directors' command who were believed to be entitled to the 1914 Star.

The bit that's of relevant to your latest query is that the address given was "Headquarters, Directorate of Forestry, General Headquarters, B.A., France".

GMOldhamRoyalEngineersMiCsourcedreversecrop.jpg.7040ad41bca7db84ee7ee3a25ddb372b.jpg

Image courtesy Ancestry.

Cheers,
Peter

Thanks Peter. I take it there is no info about address in France. 

6 minutes ago, Oldleg said:

I take it there is no info about address in France. 

I haven’t had a look myself but do the war diaries I linked to in my earlier post give any clues as to location?

They’re free to download from the NA site if you register (also free) so would possibly be worthwhile checking?

Steve