Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

‘Plaque’ WW1

NicolaT

Hi Many thanks for your help earlier this week with my GG Grandfather.

Can I please ask if you see someone has a ‘plaque’ listed amongst their medals etc here, would it wrong of me to ask for a photograph of it? 
Thanks Nicola 

Hi Nicola, would it be the death plaque you are  after?

1 minute ago, chaz said:

Hi Nicola, would it be the death plaque you are  after?

Hi I’m assuming that’s what it is? The member has a list of medals then follows a list of names with ‘plaque’ after 

if its a member here, and you know the name, maybe a pm would help. 

failing that a request on the BMF (British medal forum), he may be a member there.

19 hours ago, NicolaT said:

Hi I’m assuming that’s what it is? The member has a list of medals then follows a list of names with ‘plaque’ after 

The member who posted that particular list @John Morcombe.   hasn’t visited since 2014. They may receive an alert if they are still using the same email address.  

Edited by GWF1967

2 hours ago, GWF1967 said:

The member who posted that particular list @John Morcombehasn’t visited since 2014. They may receive an alert if they are still using the same email address.  

Thanks very much, have done - fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, chaz said:

if its a member here, and you know the name, maybe a pm would help. 

failing that a request on the BMF (British medal forum), he may be a member there.

Have sent a message - I’ll look into the BMF thanks so much 

20 hours ago, NicolaT said:

Hi Many thanks for your help earlier this week with my GG Grandfather.

Can I please ask if you see someone has a ‘plaque’ listed amongst their medals etc here, would it wrong of me to ask for a photograph of it? 
Thanks Nicola 

Nicola, just a note of caution. If you have seen a memorial plaque in the name of your GGGF it may not be his. With the sheer number of WW1 casualties there was much duplication of names. Check out through the CWGC website how many casualties there were with the same name. Unless the plaque has supporting paperwork, particularly the address envelope, then if a duplicate name you will never know if it was issued in remembrance of him.

25 minutes ago, Jim Strawbridge said:

Nicola, just a note of caution. If you have seen a memorial plaque in the name of your GGGF it may not be his. With the sheer number of WW1 casualties there was much duplication of names. Check out through the CWGC website how many casualties there were with the same name. Unless the plaque has supporting paperwork, particularly the address envelope, then if a duplicate name you will never know if it was issued in remembrance of him.

I may be wrong, but it looks to be a unique name - Robert Allen Waugh.  

4A2ACE46-6AD3-4944-8973-2BDA388A9AA1.jpeg

Edited by GWF1967

40 minutes ago, Jim Strawbridge said:

Hi I don’t seem to have come across another when researching. I have no original paperwork at all for anything.  

His son was Robert Waugh too (RA Died 1935 Rawalpindi) but no middle name, he has been a nightmare to trace with dying in India between wars.

22 minutes ago, GWF1967 said:

I may be wrong, but it looks to be a unique name - Robert Allen Waugh.  

4A2ACE46-6AD3-4944-8973-2BDA388A9AA1.jpeg

That’s correct, he’s been quite easy to trace due to using his full name, I haven’t come across another.