Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Did this Officer serve overseas - medals?

RedCoat

Hi all,

I am struggling to unravel this Officers service record. Did he serve overseas? - please see attached image from his service records. (there is no mention of overseas service or medals being issued).

ScreenShot2023-12-26at8_49_45pm.png.562bbbf1969c3f28113e1fb4506fff05.png

Cheers
RC

1 hour ago, RedCoat said:

Hi all,

I am struggling to unravel this Officers service record. Did he serve overseas? - please see attached image from his service records. (there is no mention of overseas service or medals being issued).

Cheers
RC

Looks like he was post on the 1st September 1918 from 2 Balloon Training Wing to EF (Expedition Force) and served with 3 Ballon Section

what is the officers name and rank

Hi 

It looks like he joined the Expeditionary Forces on 1st September 1918 with 3 Balloon Section and also served with 8 Balloon Company before returning to a Home Establishment on 13th August 1919. Perhaps, if you gave us his name etc , we may be able to help you some more.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2023 at 09:50, RedCoat said:

Hi all,

Cheers
RC

It is polite to respond to people who have answered your question.  In giving the airman’s name can help in giving you more information 

Will

On 14/01/2024 at 04:08, Chesterboy said:

It is polite to respond to people who have answered your question.  In giving the airman’s name can help in giving you more information 

Will

Will, 

I am responding to you now - I've had a very trying end to 2023 and beginning of 2024 - unfortunately real life takes precedent over forum posts. I appreciate the help, my query has been answered. 

Regards

On 26/12/2023 at 10:50, RedCoat said:

am struggling to unravel this Officers service record. Did he serve overseas?

Elsewhere on that form, in a section on medal entitlement, it would normally show if he served overseas.

1 hour ago, charlie962 said:

Elsewhere on that form, in a section on medal entitlement, it would normally show if he served overseas.

Hi there,

Yes I did look for that section which, in this case, was left blank. I did look up his Casualty Form and that provides further proof of service with the BEF. He was entitled to a pair.

Cheers