Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medical Term help please

whogan

I don't think the frst letter stands for 'Right', but  agree wth the rest of your interpretation.
I actually thing the first letter is a hastily written 'B' rather than an 'R', although what it stands for, I can't say.

What is written before this, perhaps that character belongs to that part?

R B Wd = Rifle Bullet Wound? (as opposed to Machine Gun Bullet?)

Edited by seaJane

2 hours ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

I don't think the frst letter stands for 'Right', but  agree wth the rest of your interpretation.
I actually thing the first letter is a hastily written 'B' rather than an 'R', although what it stands for, I can't say.

What is written before this, perhaps that character belongs to that part?

image.png.2eadf5de879b10ef48c977302a1b77f4.png

"B.B.Wd" is a military medical term still in use today.  It categorises a "Basic Bullet Wound" - that is one that has no serious complications (i.e. crushing and compaction of vital tissue/organs, cavitation, infection, iatrogenic neurovascular injury, deep vein thrombosis and associated bleeding, bullet fragments or bullet retention and so on ...... and on ..... and on).  The summary "(slight)" below this description further supports the initial assessment.  

Edited by TullochArd

Thank you so much!

On 23/12/2023 at 16:22, TullochArd said:

"B.B.Wd" is a military medical term still in use today.  It categorises a "Basic Bullet Wound" - that is one that has no serious complications (i.e. crushing and compaction of vital tissue/organs, cavitation, infection, iatrogenic neurovascular injury, deep vein thrombosis and associated bleeding, bullet fragments or bullet retention and so on ...... and on ..... and on).  The summary "(slight)" below this description further supports the initial assessment.  

3 hours ago, aconnolly said:

Mortar bomb wound ?  

...... no....."B.B.Wd." is Basic Bullet Wound as explained above ...... but regardless ..... Happy New Year!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I believe Basic Bullet Wound would be correct.