Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Deborah the tank

KIRKY

Can anyone let me know opening hours next March and April please checked website and not clear to me!

tony

2 hours ago, KIRKY said:

Can anyone let me know opening hours next March and April please checked website and not clear to me!

tony

I am not aware of any changes so it should be Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday between 2pm and 5.30pm

That's correct as far as I know, but I'll check and let you know if it's any different.

All the best, John

• Admin

I will be staying at Masnieres in February, so will try to visit Deborah again then. 

Excellent - I was there a couple of weeks ago with three generations of descendants of Fred Tipping, one of the gunners who died on November 20, 1917. Two of them had never seen Deborah before, and as you'd expect it was an emotional experience.

John

Thanks want to take a couple of guys who have not seen anything like this before.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

The website says it’s closed between Christmas and the February holidays. When are the February holidays? Looks like I won’t be visiting Deborah (again!) 

• 1 month later...
  • Admin
On 08/12/2023 at 09:43, johntaylor said:

That's correct as far as I know, but I'll check and let you know if it's any different.

All the best, John

Is there access to Deborah in February, I would be looking to visit next Wednesday. By the way, I finished your book and started to read it again! Hoping to walk from Trescault to Flesquieres as well. 

Hi Michelle, that's great news! I thoroughly recommend the walk even though the horizon is now unfortunately marred by a row of wind turbines. If you can filter those out, the battlefield is remarkably unchanged although the massive defensive works of the Siegfriedstellung are obviously long gone.

I see from the website that the museum should be open on Wednesday afternoons but I recommend making contact with Philippe Gorczynski beforehand. I'm sure he'll be keen to meet someone from the GWF, and I'll send you a PM.

All the best,

John

• Admin

Thanks John. 

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I'm planning a visit in 3 weeks time and would like to visit Deborah i see the museum is open Saturday / Sunday 2-5.30 pm each day, is this set in stone or do i need to book ? 

best

Julian.