Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Boxes, water bottles and glasses and more...

Flavio

Hi guys today, I hope you can enjoy it, I'm posting our collection department relating to Italian army food ration cans and some Austrian and German water bottles and related objects functional to WW1 nutrition.

A quick note: at the beginning of the war the Italian army was lacking in terms of specific food supplies and therefore for the first two years of the war they resorted to the civilian food industry, which is why the Italian cans of that period they are real works of art that my son and I recover and with the help of some treatments we try to bring, where possible, to their old splendor.

Then the Italian industry will also conform to the anonymous standard of other nations.

A photo also relating to our English collection always relating to food or drink, of course the collection comes from our personal research places

IMG_20231204_085538.jpg

IMG_20231204_085549.jpg

IMG_20231204_085608.jpg

IMG_20231204_085629.jpg

Altre foto 

IMG_20231204_085634.jpg

IMG_20231204_085725.jpg

good morning,

very nice the item find in the ground.

here is my collection (already featured on the forum) find in france - artois :

vitrine.JPG.88ee78decd8f222441bc5ca2c2c3fef2.JPGggghffjhgfghgjkjjkk.JPG.9e3188a48755f753c88d291c948071fb.JPGbouteilles.JPG.f4c624f369497340bf439e1865702543.JPG

Here in the soil, it ages very badly with the regular passage of agricultural machinery and the various fertilizers.

Have your items been found in the mountains?

michel

Hi Michael, congratulations also for your collection especially for the glass and ceramics, considering that for you going to France is much less simple than for us who are only 60km by road from the places of the great war.

Yes, the collection comes exclusively from mountain areas, 99% of which are from the Asiago plateau

Good evening

I'm French and I'm lucky enough to live on the British 1st line.
a well-known battle across the Channel bears the name of my commune "Loos" - "Battle of Loos".
I have a great uncle who fought in Italy with the French Expeditionary Force.

michel

Excellent Michael.

In France you have a remarkable quantity of finds considering that the battles that took place there were terrifying from the point of view of human losses.

I have some friends who are passionate about German finds and come for excursions every now and then on French soil.

Well, the news about your great-uncle here with us is also interesting, do you happen to know which sector he was assigned to? Here we have two or three areas near us where the French troops were stationed, the finds of these (French) troops are quite rare