Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Miniture MC

thedawnpatrol

I was just looking at these sets of minitures and noticed that the two MC’s were different, what are peoples thoughts on this ? I’m sure they are of an age.

B9F5FF3F-CFF1-45B8-9BB3-454228BE3012.jpeg

B4F0AEA9-D232-44F1-87F8-9451C22FEE22.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Old Owl said:

The first MC (to the left) is a GV or WW1 issue--the second (to the right) is a WW2 or GVI issue.

Hope this helps,

Best, Robert

Ah, thank you Robert, thats interesting. So the large group to the right shows service in WW1 but winning the MC in WW2…….possibly while serving in Africa …….would have thought a fairly high ranking officer then…..?

Dear Dawn Patrol,

Great War service, and a WWII MC for Africa. Possible for a Capt/Temporary Major, perhaps...?

For what it is worth, I attach two family miniature MC groups (father and son)GrandfathersandDadsminiatures.jpg.ed118e4c92c82d1d99d2b988a25d5f31.jpg: AIF and 2AIF.

Kindest regards,

Kim.

9 hours ago, thedawnpatrol said:

Ah, thank you Robert, thats interesting. So the large group to the right shows service in WW1 but winning the MC in WW2…….possibly while serving in Africa …….would have thought a fairly high ranking officer then…..?

Yes, that does appear to be the case, but of course it is very difficult to say what rank he would have been during either war. The MC could be awarded to senior NCOs as well as officers, so it would be impossible to tell to whom the group belonged--unless of course you have the full size set?

Identifying miniature medal groups is sometimes possible if it contains a unique combination of medals, sadly the one you have although not common will potentially exist in quite a number of cases.

Sorry I cannot help further,

Best, Robert