Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Medic pouches? Hope

Steve1871

I have a huge collection of older cartridge box/ ammo pouches that were still used as late as 1916, I saw these 3 different medic pouches , at good price, I got them? But have no idea or info in this field of medic pouches. Have seen photo’s of more common types

No shave in it stamps or military markings on them, Just a guess on my part, but like British officers bought ( voluntarily or not) “ private purchase gear. I am thinking Germans did the same??!  
Of the three, the top one with larger, flap and the two pouches inside lid looks pre Great War??  Middle one with lot scuffs I think Great War and  the last “ D” shaped one could be first or Second World War?

Again, I have no knowledge in this field, simply think they are interesting. Any help.comments welcome, thanks 

IMG_4555.jpeg

IMG_4556.jpeg

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

Second one

IMG_4568.jpeg

IMG_4569.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4573.jpeg

Last one 

IMG_4574.jpeg

IMG_4575.jpeg

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4577.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4578.jpeg

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4581.jpeg

Beautiful pieces Steve both seem in out of factory condition maybe the one in the middle must be fed a little. What are your recommendations for leather care. Interestingly haven't found much about it in the forum. I used to use coconut oil which worked just well on most, but ended up smelling like pickles on my Wehrmacht belt.

Thanks for the response ottoman for response. I no have time to try oil or anything. Got too many projects and as a trucker/ lorrie driver, I never home here in the States. Maybe a small amount of linseed oil and wipe off?

yeah I know your large collection of imperial German bayonets which are way above the imagination of most collectors . so have you got a picture them as as mass I'm sure you have lost count already. So must be interesting how do you obtain and store them many being expensive pieces.  

Can't really help, but...

With those two straps, they remind me of those little saddlebags that attach to the rear of a bicycle saddle.

Good luck, hope you find out what they are.

what is interesting are the owner ink inscription, P.Ullmann, Wolkenstein, the last could be postwar production. I assume the Aug.Weis Zeugwart is too a owner stamp and function. Albert Rommeda Bielefeld produced medical boxes in both wars.

L.Ritgen Karlsruhe, was producing too in both wars.

https://fjm44.com/product/mint-chocolate-brown-lba-marked-luftwaffe-mapcase-l-ritgen-1939-karlsruhe/

Edited by AndyBsk

Thanks for all your reply’s and interest. Since they are for waist belts, show age, and not much bigger than the M.74 - M.80 ( 1871 Mauser) ammo pouches, I kind of branched out a bit on pouche collecting. 

The M.71 Mauser has 4 or 5 pouches, regular size most people know of, then the much smaller M.87 pouch for same 11.15X60R ammo. Strangely, Wurttemberg also made new m.87 modify with 3 tracks/ guides for Gew..88 with stripper clips, I have two of these, dated 1915. 1916, seen several others

These medic type ant a new start for me