Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MSM

theodore

London Gazette date for MSM award to Thomas Victor Churches (Worcestershire Regiment) 5239106. Have had no luck searching LG page so far.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

i can’t find anything under that number, but I can find a Thomas victor churches, Worcesters, number 9343, there is a DCM for him here…https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/29252/supplement/7680

Dave.

Churches TV, born 1887-06-14 and with the same 7 digit number appears in the list of soldiers serving post 1920.
His service record would have been with the MOD in Glasgow, but all of these are being transferred to the NA at Kew by 2024.
You could approach the MOD (Cost £30) for the record if you are next-of-kin, but I believe that requirement will disappear when they appear at Kew.

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

I have been in contact with the regimental museum in respect of a man who reenlisted in the Worcestershires and was renumbered. For an administrative fee, they can provide you with the details of his entry from the 1920 Army Form 358 Enlistment Book. A follow-up email to the museum is a good idea. I was more than happy with the service they provided me.

As this is a public forum, I cannot post the email on this thread, but if you are interested, send me a message and I will provide you with the email address for the curator.

As mentioned on a different thread.

On 28/08/2023 at 08:20, Keith_history_buff said:

A few weeks after this post [in April 2021], I paid for a lookup for a WW1 soldier who reenlisted in the Worcestershire Regiment. The service I received was excellent, and I would recommend this. My experiences of dealing with military museums is generally negative, not so in this instance.

https://www.worcestershireandmercianregimentmuseum.org/research-2/worcestershire-regiment-ancestors/post-ww1-ledgers/

At the time I paid a £25 fee, which remains the same at present.

If you wanted a renowned researcher to spend a day at Kew on your behalf, their premium service will cost £300 per day.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your offer re Worcestershire Regiment Museum. I do have details regards contacting the museum/archives but again thanks for your offer and help.

Peter