Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mitch Williamson

Simon Bull

I am trying to contact an American researcher called Mitch Williamson. 

My reason for wanting to contact him is that he has posted some very interesting material on the web about the Cachy Incident on 24 April 1918 in which my grandfather was involved.  The incident included an A7V tank firing at Whippet tanks (in one of which my grandfather was an occupant) and Mitch Willaimson appears to have read an account of the incident written by someone who was in the A7V: an account which I would like to trace.

I think Mitch’s interest is probably slightly more in tanks in general than the First World War.

I have an email address for him but he does not respond.  He has/had numerous blogs but I cannot find evidence of him posting on them since 2021.

Is there anyone who uses this Forum who knows Mr. Williamson and might be able to put me in touch with him?

A Google search finds a Mitch Williamson on Facebook who is a technical writer with an interest in military and naval affairs. He has published articles in Cross & Cockade International. Not American but an Australian living in Perth. https://www.facebook.com/doric.webdesign/  He hasn't posted there since 2021. A sympathetic email to his employers at Doric Web Design may give you an answer - I hope that he wasn't a covid casualty.

Thanks.  I have tried communicating iwth Cross and Cockade and they have no contact details for him, but I will try Doric Web Design.

• 4 months later...
On 03/11/2023 at 09:04, Simon Bull said:

Thanks.  I have tried communicating iwth Cross and Cockade and they have no contact details for him, but I will try Doric Web Design.

Were you ever able to get in touch with him? I'm writing a paper that two of his articles touch on directly and would love his input.

I am afraid I tried and tried but coud not do so.  Should you succeed I would be very grateful if you could put me in touch with him.