Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Sites and Individuals Deserving of a Memorial Without One - Thoughts?

CogKing

Hello,

I am a local Canadian Historian who has been doing some research on some under-appreciated sites and individuals in my area, which has gotten me wondering, what sites or people do you think should have memorials but don't?

I sorry, unless there done by some historical group with some back ground research, then these types of memorials can confuse 

Sure we would like some more things of interest on the Western Front, but when I walked the line during visits in the 70's and 80's, there was not much at all, only my good book to follow (Bean), there is a whole lot more there now days, then what there was back then.

But lets not turn these unto US style grottos with signs every where

1 hour ago, stevenbecker said:

I sorry, unless there done by some historical group with some back ground research, then these types of memorials can confuse 

Sure we would like some more things of interest on the Western Front, but when I walked the line during visits in the 70's and 80's, there was not much at all, only my good book to follow (Bean), there is a whole lot more there now days, then what there was back then.

But lets not turn these unto US style grottos with signs every where

That's fair, honestly. Especially in the States and Canada the lack of historical sites can lead to what is there getting overemphasized. Still, always interesting to find sites that slip through the cracks of memory.