Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

English translations of French official history?

Robert de Niro

Hi, I am looking for English translation of all Volumes of the French official histories on WW1. If one does not exist could anyone point me to  somewhere where I can copy and paste the text into a translator. 

Thanks,

You could try see if it's been digitised by the Bibliothèque Nationale de France. For digitised texts there should be an option to get OCR text, which you could then copy and paste. You have to click through to the document and then as far as I recall it there is a sort of menu bar on the left side with information about the text and options for viewing/saving.

1 hour ago, knittinganddeath said:

You could try see if it's been digitised by the Bibliothèque Nationale de France. For digitised texts there should be an option to get OCR text, which you could then copy and paste. You have to click through to the document and then as far as I recall it there is a sort of menu bar on the left side with information about the text and options for viewing/saving.

I don't know how good the OCR text is. Often, they can be very bad (almost unusable)...

For the question about a translation: I think only an English speaker can ask whether an English translation exists of this French official history. :blink:

Yes, on the left hand side there is the "TEXT MODE (OCR)" option. You can translate what you need to read into whichever translation tool works for you.

AFGG.JPG