Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial vase or urn

Waggoner

I was wondering if anyone has seen a memorial vase or urn similar to this? It is the first one I have seen. The soldier commemorated has no know grace and his name appears on the Vimy memorial. 

All the best,

Gary

IMG_5500.png

Never.  Impressive.  He's a (sort of) local to you Gary "Son of Mr. And Mrs. Robert Kelly of Stanley (York County), New Brunswick." Are there any makers marks on it?

Wandering round the Internet ....... as you do ....... I came across this image that relates to some other info regarding HBK that may be associated with the appearance of this item:

Todays yard sale find, a First World War memorial plaque for Harold Blanchford Kelly of the 72nd Canadian Infantry Battalion. Killed November 25th, 1916 at the Somme. : r/Militariacollecting (reddit.com)

HBK.jpeg

Edited by TullochArd

I believe this is the same person. Interesting that his Memorial Plaque should turn up. I was wondering where this, his medals and Memorial Cross were. Thank you for this.

All the best,

Gary

It is the same bloke Gary.  The Yard Sale mentioned in the link was in New Brunswick and happened "1 yr. ago" Seems likely the Medals and Memorial Cross went the same way.

Regarding the vase it is a fine and poignant memorial - looks like a one off, quality, hand painted item. 

Would you consider adding the vase image to HBK's page on the Canadian Virtual War Memorial?  

I could add the image. Would you know how I could contact the person who purchased the Memorial Plaque? It would be nice to be able to add it to the collection of the York-Sunbury Historical Society.

All the best,

Gary

21 hours ago, Waggoner said:

Would you know how I could contact the person who purchased the Memorial Plaque? 

PM to follow sent. 

Edited by TullochArd