Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Maj. Gen Forestier-Walker

MartinWills

May I take this opportunity to remind Pals that armourersergeant will be speaking at Northamptonshire WFA tomorrow evening (14th April) on this topic. Regulars here will know he is steeped in Great War Generalship.

The meeting is 7.30 for 8.00 in Northampton - details of the venue on the WFA site.

Martin,

Sorry that I will not be able to attend this meeting, worth the journey to Northampton especially as Arm likes those hand signals behind his back so much. See the pals recent visit to the IWM.

Andy

Martin,

As usual doing a good job as my agent, obviously the attendance will effect your fee!

Andy,

With your hand sign record i am a tad glad you will not be attending, behind my back is one thing. In front of me is another!

Gulp,

whose idea was this anyway?

Arm.

is steeped in Great War Generalship.

Some may seem to take that as meaning i am a bit of a Donkey! :(

Arm,

The very best of luck for the meeting, I know you will make a sterling job of your talk on the Generals, after all someone has too.

Andy

Gulp,

whose idea was this anyway?

Arm

You have amply demonstrated on the forum your passion for this subject and I think that means you are 90% on the way to giving a good talk. Of course the really important 10%, being able to physically open your mouth in front of a gawping audience, is a different matter :)

Piece of advice, a couple of large ones before show time.

Andy

Good luck!  I'd be there if it weren't 6k miles out of town!

Oh ye any old excuse!

Arm

Of course the really important 10%, being able to physically open your mouth in front of a gawping audience, is a different matter  :)

Piece of advice, a couple of large ones before show time.

Andy

Opening my mouth has never been a problem, its the crap that often comes out thats the trouble :huh:

thanks

Arm

D**n! Off to the Kemmel Hill talk at WFA Lancs/Cheshire tonight. Otherwise I would have been down Sandbach market buying up the soft tomatoes!!!! Good luck tonight, Arm!

Thanks all for the best wishes, just doing the last minute touches and then i am gonna take an afternoon nap!

Would they be fresh ones Richard?

regards

Arm.

Sorry not to be with you tonight Arm. Like Andigger I shall be far far away, but wishing you well.

PS I'm having to stay way because it is martin's turn to buy a round.

Well I made it of the stage without any tomatoes.

Nervous for the first few minutes but then after that i enjoyed it.

To be honest i was like a pig in the usual.

As for how good, well it was the first time, but all in went well i think.

Cue Mr Wills for critical analysis

On a serious note, if anyone has a topic that they have researched its a great way to put it all to good use and get it off ya chest so to speak. I feel that finally i have contributed to something unique to the great war.

regards

Arm.

Arm,

Glad it went well with no tomatoes being thrown or hand signals to put you off, well done.

Andy

It certainly stimulated a lot of interest on the evening - those generals names seem just to roll of the tongue.

Liked the bit about "I must be the the world's most knowledgable living expert on Forestier-Walker"

Very impressed that one of the audience was going to make the effort to drive down from Northampton and visit his grave near Blandford.

It certainly stimulated a lot of interest on the evening - those generals names seem just to roll of the tongue.

Liked the bit about "I must be the the world's most knowledgable living expert on Forestier-Walker"

Very impressed that one of the audience was going to make the effort to drive down from Northampton and visit his grave near Blandford.

I swore i would not say that, must have been filled with the heady heights of stardom!

Also must have been deaf! Who said they were gonna to visit the grave?

regards

Arm.

And that is who?

Bad with names and faces and obviously paying attention.

Arm.

Sandra

Sandra?

Are you confusing Sandra with Christine, maybe?

Glad it went well Arm. I hope you do a return fixture.

Sandra?

Are you confusing Sandra with Christine, maybe?

Glad it went well Arm. I hope you do a return fixture.

I assume thats Martins idea of a joke. Is that the name David kept using for Christine at a meeting recently!!??????

Return fixture, well maybe!

I can do a private recital, minimal charge.

I am already formulating a new topic.

regards

Arm.

- those generals names seem just to roll of the tongue.

Which is more than the Belgian and French words did :(

Arm.