Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great-Uncle Harry by Michael Palin 

michaeldr

One to look out for
Great-Uncle Harry: A Tale of War and Empire by Michael Palin 
see review here https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/sep/22/great-uncle-harry-by-michael-palin-review-a-soldiers-life

Mr. Palin, almost everybody knew him from tv or books. There is a book coming later this month. About his great uncle Harry. 

I am very curious. Why, i like personal touch in history and books. Most books about WW1 are books about searching for family history or books written by veterans.

For more information about Harry. Henry William Bourne Palin | New Zealand War Graves Project (nzwargraves.org.nz)

And this is the book. 

Great-Uncle Harry

It also features on BBC Radio 4 book of the week starting on Monday 25th September at 09:45. When Michael Palin will read excerpts from the book. 

Malcolm 

Michael Palin has also written an account of HMS Erebus, of Franklin fame. Highly recommended by me!
58 DM.

Michael Palin's new book about his great uncle who served in Gallipoli and met his end on the Somme the following year is being serialised on Radio 4 at 9.45am each morning this week.  

Went to see him give a fully illustrated presentation on the subject of his book at Ely Cathedral on Monday evening.  Very interesting, and delivered in a true Palin style..... bought the book, just now have to find the time to read it!

Today i bought the book,  Dutch edition. It wasn't in store. The sales woman that helped me searched 12 minutes between the new deliverd books behind the store. So that made me the first buyer 

20230928_124336.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Intresting book. Reads easy and fast. Only one problem, some books what he used for documentation or historical facts and what i don't have in mine collection, yes i want some books too of that list. ;)