Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RND Sites on Western Front

NR72

Hi All,

I am visiting Arras and Ypres areas in October and wanted to know of any RND sites that would be worth a visit 

I am walking the Ancre battlefield , also visiting Gavrelle, Welsh ridge , Varlet Farm 

Be good to hear of any more 

Thanks

On 17/09/2023 at 12:35, NR72 said:

Be good to hear of any more 

A bit further south from Arras, on leaving Hamel on the D73 heading for Newfoundland Park, go past the communal cemetery on the left and after a couple of hundred metres, there is a track on the right.  Taking this enables you to have a good profile of the area traversed by the RND on 13 November 1916 heading for Beaufort.  One of SWMBO's great uncles was wounded there with 2 RMLI.  Ended his war so I guess he was one of the lucky ones.

Thanks Don 

29 minutes ago, Don Regiano said:

A bit further south from Arras, on leaving Hamel on the D73 heading for Newfoundland Park, go past the communal cemetery on the left and after a couple of hundred metres, there is a track on the right.  Taking this enables you to have a good profile of the area traversed by the RND on 13 November 1916 heading for Beaufort.  One of SWMBO's great uncles was wounded there with 2 RMLI.  Ended his war so I guess he was one of the lucky ones.