Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Major James McWilliam Taylor Canadian Army Medical Corps

OLD ROBIN HOOD

Greetings from an Old Outlaw (again)

Another problem which has me stumped . I have a 1914-15 Star War and Victory group to Major James Mc William Taylor

Canadian Army Medical Corps . I can find very little about him so I am asking for help. What I do know is that he 

enlisted in the C.E.F. on 31 March 1915 and was seconded to the R.A.M.C . He landed in Salonika 4th Jan 1916 .

He saw service in Britain and was discharged on 13th July 1919 in Britain .He is said to have died in Birmingham in 1970.

Not a lot  really. Were there Medal Index cards and medal rolls for Canadian troops ? as I cannot find his .

So if anyone can give me any more information about Major Taylor I will be most grateful.

Old Robin Hood .

He appears in the Brtish Medical Register for 1947 working in  City Hospital, Northfield , Birmingham.
I haven't checked other registers.

It says he qualifed for the London Conjoint degree (MRCS, LRCP) in 1920, which is when he was first registered with the GMC.
Not sure why his Canadian medical degree wasn't enough???

Name:
  • TAYLOR, JAMES MCWILLIAM
CPT
Date of Birth:
  • 1887-02-19
Reference:
RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 9536 - 3

Item Number:
Record Group:
Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF)

Digitized service file - PDF format:

James McWilliam Taylor died in the Birmingham Registration District on 18 April 1970. His date of birth was given as 19 February 1889. His probate address was The Laurels, Catbrook, Chepstow, Monmouthshire.

The death of his widow was announced in the Birmingham Daily Post on 9 April 1975 - Ethel E. G. Taylor (late Matron of West Heath Hospital), on 7 April, late of Chepstow, widow of Doctor James McWilliam Taylor. Cremation at Lodge Hill......

Greetings 

Very many thanks to all of you who have helped me with my project on Major Taylor .

The information is most valuable to me .I am extremely  grateful.

Old Robin Hood.