Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

clean air crit air sticker updates also speed limits 2023

chaz

On 23/01/2024 at 18:17, Michelle Young said:

As I’m hopefully travelling to Amiens and Cambrai next month, I’d rather have the sticker than not thanks. It’s only a matter of time before all cities enforce it, and I don’t fancy a €800 fine. Maybe you can afford that, but I cant. 

Its only applicable in the cities, not on the motorways or other roads or in villages, etc.

And as we speak the latest appears to be

Crit-air stickers are obligatory in the following cities.

Clermont, Strasburg, Lyon, Reims, Grenoble, Grand Paris, Marseilles, Rouen, Nice, Montpellier, StEtienne and Toulouse. Enforcement is by cameras, though the rolling installation programme is only just beginning. Some vehicles have been clobbered on the spot by mobile police. Initial flatrate fine is 68e, and will rise on repeat offences to 400e. Early days but watch this cashcow develop rapidly. My advice - get a sticker. Go to the French Gov Crit-air site for a 4.77e sticker and avoid piggy backing scam sites charging you fees from 40 -300e to do the work for you

certificat-air.gouv.fr

gets you the authentic government site

We've seen quite a few cars in Alsace with stickers. We have one in case we go into Strasbourg. Maybe some people there are more in the habit of getting emissions stickers because of the closeness of German destinations where they're required and some people work across the border: nearby Freiburg, for example, requires a green emissions sticker and we've had one since the car we use abroad was new. Once on it's on and you can forget about it. Same with the French one. 

Well, for all of you who thought I was being a cheapskate, my critair sticker arrived this morning.  Still not sure if I will ever need it ... maybe Lille if I ever go back there again.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving through/via Rouen to go south this year but cannot find any info on how to avoid the low emissions zone? Anyone help?

Tony

• Admin

IMG_1002.png

• Admin

Doesn’t look like it. I did post another map which shows the clean air zone. Just get a sticker. It’s easy and cheap. 

Breaking News!

Following the recent agricultural protests, tyre and haybales burning, closing down motorways etc etc;  Crit Air class 3 (diesels registered pre 2011) will no longer be banned in Marseilles, ROUEN and Strasbourg as of 1 Jan 2025 in sympathy with "drivers who cannot afford to change their cars".

Vive La France

36 minutes ago, KIRKY said:

Thanks for that but I do not understand the map! Is there a route through avoiding the zone?

Tony

As I read it,. ZFE = Zones à Faibles Émissions mobilité). The green roads are excluded from the ZFE.

As Michelle says, it's much simpler to get a sticker. You're sorted then for the future.