Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Salonika Campaign photo Offers

keithmroberts

In about a month's time the Salonika campaign Society will be making our annual visit to the battlefields. This is mainly a walking tour, but I expect to visit the cemeteries listed below, and should be able to take photographs of grave markers and headstones. If you have any requests please send them by PM giving the name (as listed by the CWGC), and plot, row and grave numbers, and an email address which will be used for this one purpose only. Requests should reach me by Friday 15th September, and I will send photographs by email in early October. Unfortunately we will not be able to make our planned visit to the beautiful Kirechkoi-Hortakoi Military Cemetery this year because of a change in the date of the commemoration at the Allied Five Nations Memorial at Polycastro.

Keith

Struma Military  Cemetery

Salonika (Lembet Road) Military Cemetery

Monastir Road Indian Cemetery

Karasouli Military Cemetery

Doiran Military Cemetery and Memorial

Further to the above offer, I gather that we aim to visit the Lahana Military Cemetery in addition to those named above so I should be able to photograph graves there as well.

Planning has been made difficult because the organiser(s)of the Five Nations Commemoration at Polycastro have managed to create doubt about the date of the event. I don't want to enlarge on that, beyond saying that we and also the serbian organisation that is always well represented, are doing what we can to persuade the organisers that early decisions and firm dates are essential for visitors who travel internationally to support this event.

On 29/08/2023 at 08:53, keithmroberts said:

Further to the above offer, I gather that we aim to visit the Lahana Military Cemetery in addition to those named above so I should be able to photograph graves there as well.

Planning has been made difficult because the organiser(s)of the Five Nations Commemoration at Polycastro have managed to create doubt about the date of the event. I don't want to enlarge on that, beyond saying that we and also the serbian organisation that is always well represented, are doing what we can to persuade the organisers that early decisions and firm dates are essential for visitors who travel internationally to support this event.

Have you come across any Surrey Yeomanry in the Doiran area cemetary's

6 minutes ago, gaffa said:

Have you come across any Surrey Yeomanry in the Doiran area cemetary's

Hi gaffa, have you tried searching the CWGC database? It's free.

Sorry Gaffa,

I simply don't have time to do the research for members. Asgardenerbill says, try CWGC and then get back to be before Friday 15th September with details as requested at the top of the thread.

Keith

• 1 month later...

I returned home on Friday and will send out promised photos during the week once I have sorted out my life.

Keith

Many thanks for the excellent photos Keith  -  much appreciated!

BillyH.