Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sword/half sabre German Landes Gandarmerie?

Rafal1971

Hallo

Is this hilt compatible with the German Landes Gendarmerie blade?
Is it a variation from a small country/land, e.g. Hesse, Lippe, etc.?
Or is it a fold?

Best Rafal

20230815_095831.jpg

20230815_095835.jpg

20230815_095912.jpg

20230815_095950.jpg

20230815_100001.jpg

20230815_100013.jpg

You should look at pommel, as this guard/korb looks like shortened note the soldering of parts of handguard, is most real the blade was added to this handgrip later. Leather buffer it doesnt look old. By Gendarmerie it should be so marked on some parts mainly on crossguard. Possible some repair was done on this.

I dont known but on Landes Gendarmerie should be stamped Guard and backside of mouth piece of scabbard with L.G. same as the handle should be similar as by Fahnentrager SG only little simpler. There exist owned by my german friend a correct piece, made blade by P.D.Luneschloss and Erfurt mashined together and W00 and L.G. stamped but the handle have a Prussian eagle, wire on grip and WRII emblem etc...

Here i would certainly look under the leather buffer, and measure a handgrip lenght, as this looks shortened.

Edited by AndyBsk

Andy

I've seen the Prussian one and know what it looks like. I HAVE ALREADY COLLECTED GERMANY FOR 25 YEARS

The question in the first post is CAN IT BE ANOTHER LAND, or maybe a fold-out?

On the scabbard is LG,

Do You have on all parts of handle inspector proof? When the scabbard is LG so its for Reichs Landgendarmerie in that case a federal unit, so no other small countries would have similar marking got on blade. You should remove the leather buffer and looks under how is assembled blade to grip.

Edited by AndyBsk

There is no technical inspection on any part of the handle.
The hilt is definitely secondary, but was the spacer made in the epoch or in modern times?

Resized_20230816_214525.jpeg

When it came from Poland so its typical mixage of parts, the handle should be have L.G. marking, what is good is the blade with scabbard, handle is mostly from damaged sabre (not well fixed with blade). All origin LG SG should have complete proofed parts of handle, as state property accepted in Erfurt.

Edited by AndyBsk

Such a model with the coat of arms of Mecklenburg. The same producers.

19255010.1272135446.jpg

image.jpeg

Is there LG marking anywhere? The Handle is typical for IOD which should be on similar bayonets.

LGSG1e.jpg.a77f1321ec5ee3ed45ab66983f32c29e.jpg

I know it's a switch.
And when was it done?
How do you know if it was made in Poland, maybe bought in Prague on the stock exchange or maybe in Ciney?