Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Latest WFA Stand To No131 Front Cover

Knotty

Sat down and just got round to opening up my new copy of Stand To!, which has as a front cover of Indian soldiers in gas hoods dated 1915. After a while it dawned on me that they are all holding their rifles (and a revolver) as left being handed. Not only do I think it somewhat implausible, I thought left handedness in India was religiously frowned upon because your left hand was only ”used” for carrying out your ablutions, hopefully it is a case of a bit of poor editing and a simple transposition of the photo with someone not realise it may offend. 
Any thoughts or am I just being pedantic about the whole thing?

You are correct, the photograph has been reversed. Interesting that some of the men appear as if they are wearing their gas hood over a cap comforter, one has the comforter over the hood and none has the hood tucked in their jacket. One or two have what appears to be a sock on the rifle for covering the action when not in use and one is resting his rifle on a woolen garment.

Edited by squirrel

Cheers @squirrel,I thought it was just me thinking it looked wrong. And yes,on taking another look I  concur with your observations on the use of comforters, socks etc. as well.