Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Online: The Tank Corps Book of Honour by Major R F G Maurice (1919)

MaureenE

Really useful Maureen - many thanks.

John

Thanks for your sharing this online edition MaureenE which includes the "supplement" concerning honours and awards presented to members of C and D Companies HS MGC for actions the the autumn of 1916 which is missing from the extant Naval and Military Press reprint. 

It is a most valuable aide for researching members of the Tank Corps and its predecessors for actions in the Great War. Readers should be aware that the list of those who died in service  principally relates to the Western Front.- it does not include those who died at home as a result of injury or sickness and there are other overseas deaths from other theatres which are not recorded.

The citations sometimes vary from those published in the London Gazette - this is however not an issue as the TCBH appears to quote the original version, probably passed to HQ Tanks.  there are also some minor typos regarding service numbers and initials but these can only be expected in a publication of this detail. 

Stephen . 

Edited by delta
Typos

Stephen, it's great that this includes the Supplement but I can't find it in this edition - could you point me towards it please?

Sorry to be a bit slow,

John

It starts on page 431

One of the joys of the Internet Archive is that you can search the document using a name or a single word.   

I use if all the time to access copies of the Motorcycle. 

Edited by delta

Well spotted Stephen - that's excellent, and I should have thought to use the search function.

Not sure why the Supplement appears in negative, but it's really useful to have it included.

All the best, John

Edited by johntaylor