Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hospital Blue Neckties

Ypres1915

I recall at some point seeing a cigarette card with a description of the ties worn with the hospital blue uniform. In the description they described two colours; a red and a blue version. Does anyone have information about this card or have a copy they could post the front and reverse of?

Many thanks

Ypres

2 hours ago, Ypres1915 said:

I recall at some point seeing a cigarette card with a description of the ties worn with the hospital blue uniform. In the description they described two colours; a red and a blue version. Does anyone have information about this card or have a copy they could post the front and reverse of?

Many thanks

Ypres

Are you positive?  All the descriptions, photos and media images, including postcards, and even contemporary oil paintings show the suit as blue and the tie as red, worn with a white shirt.  See:

1. https://www.qaranc.co.uk/Army-Hospital-Blues-Uniform-WW1.php

2.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWm0mnsxqmw

Edited by FROGSMILE

......... and the Imperial War Museum dosn't seem have a blue one in the collection or any reference to that colour either ........

© IWM UNI 12345.jpg

45 minutes ago, TullochArd said:

......... and the Imperial War Museum dosn't seem have a blue one in the collection or any reference to that colour either ........

© IWM UNI 12345.jpg

Thank you TullochArd, I was looking for that artefact and that image earlier, but could not find it.

Edited by FROGSMILE