Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tzschuschowski or Przyzskowski

stevenbecker

Mates,

Sorry about this but some details showed up about this man, but because the spelling of his name is not confirmed in sources, I can't be sure?

What I have so far

Tzschuschowski or Przyzskowski
Lt de R

Shown Flugabwehr-Kanonenzug 28 (Flakzug) to OC Flugabwehr - Kanonenzug 177 Filistin'de 8. Orduda (In the 8th Army in Palestine) -

KIA date? ) reported Flakzug 28 (Tulkerim)-- no guns no officers!!! used as replacements - reported he and 6 men were killed by a direct hit from a bomb no date shown? (not identified)? 

He appears in most documents with Flakzug 28, but a sources shows the Flakkzug 28 was used as a reinf for other Flak units?

He also appears in Flakzug 177, where he was said to be killed with six others by a bomb during at raid in Palestine?

Lt de R Henkelmann replaced him after his death, but again another sources mentioned 

Lt de R Jahn replaced him after his death

The Verlustlisten 1. Weltkrieg mentions no man from this unit lost and as I can't confirm Tzschuschowski's name I can't look him up?

All lists of German Pascha units, show him as Tzschuschowski, so I hit a brick wall?

Can you help sort him out or point me in the right direction?

S.B

Edited by stevenbecker

Hello,

Leutnant der Reserve Przyskowski (FAR 57) was killed on 4 May 1918 at Bahnhof Kilkilja (Palästina) while serving with Flakzug 177. (source: Ehrenmal des Preußischen Offizier-Korps)

Jan

That's probably Hans Przyszkowski born in Ratibor: http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/8533856

11 minutes ago, stevenbecker said:

Mates,

Sorry about this but some details showed up about this man but because the spelling of his name is not confirmed in sources I can't be sure?

What I have so far

Tzschuschowski (Przyzskowski) 
Lt de R

Shown Flugabwehr-Kanonenzug 28 (Flakzug) to OC Flugabwehr - Kanonenzug 177 Filistin'de 8. Orduda (In the 8th Army in Palestine) -

KIA date? ) reported Flakzug 28 (Tulkerim)-- no guns no officers!!! used as replacements - reported he and 6 men were killed by a direct hit from a bomb no date shown? (not identified)? 

He appears in most documents with Flakzug 28, but a sources shows the Flakkzug 28 was used as a reinf for other Flak units?

He also appears in Flakzug 177 where he was said to be killed with six others by a bomb?

Lt de R Henkelmann replaced him after his death, a but again another sources mentioned 

Lt de R Jahn

It would be interesting if you would mention which sources you have used.

I checked the regimental history of FAR 57 still: Przyskowski, Ltn. d. R., 433 Tage: Ausgerückt als Einj. Freiw. Unteroff. bei der 1. Bttr., 27.1.15 Ltn. d. R., zuletzt Zugf. bei der 1. Bttr., 3.4.15. als Führer eines Flak-Zuges in türkische Dienste getreten (1918 dort gefallen).

Edited by AOK4

Mate,

Many thanks

Maybe this will help check under Flakzug 28

image.jpeg.ea4a12efcfe8ca37e7da6d38da51d7e2.jpeg

6 minutes ago, stevenbecker said:

Mate,

Many thanks

Maybe this will help check under Flakzug 28

What's your source of this overview? Please always mention where you find the info. That can help us.

Sorry Jan I didn't keep a check on sources when I first looked for names

When you enter Tzschuschowski

A number of names of this same man will come up.

The pasha sources all seam to give one or the other way of spelling.

Cheers and many thanks for the point 

S.B

Jan,

When you mentioned References , I had flash backs to my old Uni adviser

The details on checking came from the Areodrome site and a comment made some time ago about Flak units in Palestine.

On checking the date (now I had one) what other losses are known from German units at that time as it was said to have lost an officer and 6 men?

This was at a time of the 2nd Es Salt raid East of Jericho, so there maybe many Germans lost, but no 

Friedemann Oskar     Soldat    EBSK 8  (Eisenbahnsonderkommando) special railroad service command - Eisenbahnbau-Kompagnie 8    1917-18    (1892 at Mücheln Querfurt ) verwundet (wounded) WIA 3/4-5-18

Schmidt Erich    Telegraph.    Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung Pascha II - News Dept (Intell)     1917-18     (1898 at Niepars Franzburg DoD 4-5-18) Krankheit (illness) 

Seubert    VzFeldwebel    Airforce Flieger-Abteilung 305    1918-    WIA 4-5-18 (not idenified) to many to confirm?

Stania Wilhelm    Kanonier    3./Geb. Art. Dept. I - Gebirgs-Batterie 3    1917-18     (1896 at Czessowo DoW 4-5-18) feinen wunden (from wounds) 

A mixed bag of units so possibly not in the same place?

I did wonder about your  "at Bahnhof Kilkilja (Palästina) or Kilkilja Railway Station Palestine

"Kilkilja" I could not find on any maps, other then in far Eastern Syria, a long way from a rail link?

Ottoman Maps do show a "Kalkile" as a rail station in Palestine

But so far I am unsure where, other then its mentioned some where either before or after Nablus station and Tul Kerîm Station.

Next what British raids took place around Kalkile or Nablus at this time?

I am sorry to say I could not find any all books which mention a raid, all seam to be looking at the fighting at Es Salt, not around Nablus

As 1 Sqn AFC with 40th Wing were in that direction (Es Salt), did 5th Wing Sqns' bomb the Nablus area?

Cheers

S.B

Edited by stevenbecker

SO far the rail station at what is shown as Kilkilja or Kalkile is also shown in British maps of the time as Kalkilich

If that's correct, then the the station shown by that name is south of Tel Kerum and west of Nablus

Which is possibly correct?

S.B