The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Quarry Aerodrome site comment?

stevenbecker

Mates,

Sorry but I notice the Areodrome site mentions this by

It appears in what happened that day 

8 July 1917

"90 years ago today, four German aviators died. Indicative of the sparse flying on the Western Front - one died at Hamburg and another at Kottbus (training accidents?), and one died at far-off Baghdad and another at Samarra."

I am after the two lost in Mespot

The claims on this date in Palestine are known, but I have no record of the two lost in Mespot, were they in combat or sickness?

I checked around that date and found 

Pommrich (Pommerich) (Pomerich) Johannes    Unteroffizier    Pilot Airforce 2-15 to 1st Aircraft Company Tayyare Boluk 9-15 to 2nd Aircraft Company Tayyare Boluk 1-17     1916-17    (1892 at Chemnitz DoD 6-6-17 or DoD 7-7-17) of typhoid at Mossul / Mosul Mesopotamia shown Rumpler C1 (R15) with Fisher (O) on raid to Tenedos 10-16 claimed brougth down Lt TE Lander (Wia & PoW) in a BE near Terkit 6-5-17 (in book by Tennant) (spelling in Ole Nikoljsen)

Of cause the date of the 9 July 1917 brings up a number lost

Hopff (Hober) Arnold    Sgt / VzFeldwebel (Lt)    Pilot Airforce 2nd Aircraft Company Tayyare Boluk 5-17     1917-    (1893 at Brunkensen DoA 9-7-17) near Baghdad reported also MIA 7-6-17 shown Albatros C3 (AK68) forced landed in the desert with Lt Teich (P) due to engine failure died of heat exhaustion and thirst near Samara / Salt Lake Mesopotamia  - a family source reports of a killing by civilians (spelling in Ole Nikoljsen)

Teich (Taich) Walter    Lt    Observer (Beobachter) Airforce shown 2nd Aircraft Company Tayyare Boluk 5-17 possibly 13th Aircraft Company Tayyare Boluk 1917    1916-17    (1893 at Berlin DoA 9-7-17) from Dragoner Regiment Prince Albrecht of Prussia (Lithuanian) No 1 & Infanterie Regiment No 45 reported shown Albatros C3 (AK68) forced landed with Durre (P) due to engine failure died of exhaustion with Hopff near Samara / Salt Lake Mesopotamia (Taich spelling in Ole Nikoljsen)

I am i missing here?

Any ideas

S.B