Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Furness Field Hospital 1914

rlr4037

I have a group of private stereoviews taken at the Furnes Field Hospital in Antwerp on 1914.  I am trying to identify the photographer.  Is there anyone knowledgeable about someone on the medical staff of the field hospital who had a stereo camera?

furnes 30 & 30alow res.jpg

Well, that's at Furnes (Veurne), Not Antwerp. You can see the coat of arms of the province of West Flanders.

Edited by Niko

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.rtbf.be/ww1/topics/detail_the-ocean-ambulance?id=8358622

It could be worth contacting the Belgian radio and television website . They have this great section about the Ocean Hospital ( Belgian Red Cross) established at nearby La Panne .

P.S. I like those photos.  I dont know what stereo views means but they take subtle shots 

16 minutes ago, FionaBam said:

P.S. I like those photos.  I dont know what stereo views means but they take subtle shots 

Stereo photography is when two almost identical (but very subtly different) photographs are taken side-by-side. When viewed correctly this replicates how the human eye/brain views the world and creates a 3D image:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo_photography_techniques

Thank you Andrew . Shall keep trying to see the subtle differences in those views on the wiki link.perhaps needs viewing on my laptop rather than on my mobile phone. 

19 minutes ago, rlr4037 said:

Fiona, you will need a stereoscope to properly view the stereo views

Oh thank you! Silly me cant even read Wiki properly.