Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bapaume area

Michelle Young

• Admin

I will be visiting the area east of Bapaume next month. I don’t know my movements completely yet but I know Bapaume Australian, and Morchies are definitely on the agenda. If anyone has any requests for that area, sensible amounts, it’s my holiday after all, please put them on here. 

Thanks. Ill have a root around my projects in the next couple of days. 

I have just started planning for my next jaunt over there, and while I do have photos needed from within 10 miles of Bapaume, it would be counter intuitive to ask you to get any for me as they are betwixt others that I have planned to visit en route from location A to location B, and should I ask you to take some, I would then be left with a 20-mile gap between Cemeteries on my route.

So I will kindly decline on this occasion, but thank you for the very kind offer again.

Happy travels

• Admin

I expect more people will take me up on the Aisne, Champagne and Loos offer in September! 

Some of your usual high quality landscapes would be tres bien. It's an area that I don't know at all well, although I've always intended to visit the grave of David Jones VC in Bancourt. I think I will do a tour de Bapaume ring road and take in Grevillers as I have the last of my Kiwi footballers who is buried there and he's the only one I've not visited in person.

Have a top trip and eat lots of ice cream. Pass on our best to your getaway driver.....

Pete.

• Admin

Just bumping this up. The Cambrai memorial will be on the agenda, also Queant Road.