Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Litewka and Kleiner Rock reference book?

dutchbarge

Hello, Could any of the Forum members recommend a reference book that would explain the color combinations of piping, collar patches and shoulder boards used to denote branch of service and individual units on the Litewka and Kleiner Rock?   I've been able to get a general idea and a few charts on the web but would really appreciate an authoritative reference guide.  Thanks and Cheers, Bill

If you mean field grey uniforms the standard is Jürgen Kraus: Die feldgraue Uniformierung des deutschen Heeres 1907-1918, Osnabrück 1999. Not cheap but worth it.

GreyC

7 hours ago, GreyC said:

If you mean field grey uniforms the standard is Jürgen Kraus: Die feldgraue Uniformierung des deutschen Heeres 1907-1918, Osnabrück 1999. Not cheap but worth it.

GreyC

May I recommend the second edition from 2009 with the colour plates?

See https://militaria.at/Book.aspx?book=4074840&Language=de

Hello GreyC,

I just purchased the 2009 edition (band 1 & 2 only) from Helmut Weitze for 99 Euro.......compared to Amazon DE and UK and other dealers this is a very good price and I've dealt with Weitze for decades and they have always provided me with excellent service.  I was able to combine shipping with another item so it really worked out well. Thanks again for the recommendation.  My copy of The German Army, in the First World War, Uniforms and Equipment 1914-1918, also by Krause, is pretty worn out and I am having it rebound........I've had some email correspondence with Krause over the years and he has always been very helpful.........Cheers, Bill