Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

H Collier 44515

IanG1916

I am looking for the medals of 44515 Henry (Harry) Collier RAMC, died 19/08/1918 and buried in Mazargues war cemetery Marseilles, Henry is my Great grandad and I have seen the medals for sale at auctions from 2018 so they are out there, any help to get them back into the family would be appreciated.

Thanks

39 minutes ago, IanG1916 said:

I am looking for the medals of 44515 Henry (Harry) Collier RAMC, died 19/08/1918 and buried in Mazargues war cemetery Marseilles, Henry is my Great grandad and I have seen the medals for sale at auctions from 2018 so they are out there, any help to get them back into the family would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi IanG1916. My family got our ancestors Indian Mutiny Medal back by setting up an alert on the salesroom.com very easy to do. You can also set up a watch on ebay. In addition to this you can register them with Medal Tracker at Token Publishing and the British Medal Forum. 

https://www.tokenpublishing.com/medaltracker

https://britishmedalforum.com/viewforum.php?f=11

Regards

Gunner

in addition, you could try contacting the auction house. they might still have the records of  sale and the buyers contact details

9 hours ago, chaz said:

the auction house. they might still have the records of  sale and the buyers contact details

That's a very good point chaz. I found a Military Medal belonging to a friend's Grandfather which had been auctioned some time before. The auction house were contacted and though they wouldn't pass on the winning bidders details, understandably, they did contact him and a sale was agreed resulting in my friend getting the medal back to the family.

also, in addition to the sites I recommended just a Google search often finds deals for sale.

Gunner.  

Thank you gunner 87 and Chaz its given me something to start with, they were for sale with saleroom, I already have searches on ebay, they were sold by saleroom in 2018 and then again by southern medals in 2020, unfortunately as it looks like they were resold, southern medals confirmed back in 2020 they were sold but no other information.