Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Beer Shops and Restaurant Bookings Somme Area

mickgall

Hello All

I'm taking a few chums from work over to the Somme this weekend 9/6/23 for a tour. One has been been to Ypres before and is raving about Belgian beer which has got the merry men all fired up. Well Albert isn't quite Ypres for beer shops I'm guessing, so does anyone know if there are any beer shops in Albert/Arras or is it going to be a visit to Leclerc in Arras? Also I was wondering how busy restaurants are in Albert on a weekend evenings. We're arriving around mid-day to check in, dump bags etc, Should we go and book a restaurant then or is it ok to turn up in the evening,

Many Thanks

Mick 

Hello Mick, wouldn't have thought you would need to book tables in Albert on a normal weekend, I have never had a problem. Cheapest place we get our week's supply of beers/wine is actually at the Carrefour in Bucqouy. Enjoy your trip,Ian.

There's also a Lidl in Albert near to the Ibis Hotel.  i think they have a wine fair on at the moment and you can get a supply of cheap wine and beer there.

Thanks both. We're staying at the Ibis hotel as it happens.

Regards Mick

• Admin

If I recall, there was a promotion of certain Belgian beers at the aforementioned Lidl when I shopped there last month. 

thanks Michelle.

Mick

• Admin

Of course, knowing Lidl, it might be a different promo now! 

I'll let you know on Monday

Mick

Thanks Don

Mick

Hello again all. Well we ended up going to Leclerc in Arras, a huge range of beers and no we didn't need to book a restaurant.

Mick