Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Which pattern tunic is this

wulsten

Duplicate post in Soldiers sub forum?

Mods May wish to delete one or the other to save duplication of effort - especially for @FROGSMILE

Steve

Edited by tullybrone

• Admin

Post removed from soldiers and this one kept open. I can see the pleats in the tunic which maybe 1902? 

3 hours ago, wulsten said:

Can anyone tell me what pattern tunic this is

All help appreciated 

IMG_20230525_095118.jpg

As far as I can see it is generically a 1902 service dress jacket** with 1905 modified (fixed) shoulder straps, Wulsten. 

** in British terminology the line infantry ‘tunic’ was a full dress garment of scarlet with white piping.  Tunics of other corps might be dark blue, dark green, and occasionally other colours such as Elcho grey, or pale drab.

Edited by FROGSMILE

27 minutes ago, FROGSMILE said:

As far as I can see it is generically a 1902 service dress jacket** with 1905 modified (fixed) shoulder straps, Wulsten. 

** in British terminology the line infantry ‘tunic’ was a full dress garment of scarlet with white piping.  Tunics of other corps might be dark blue, dark green, and occasionally other colours such as Elcho grey, or pale drab.

Thanks for reply, I wondered if it was post war, very much appreciated 

6 minutes ago, wulsten said:

Thanks for reply, I wondered if it was post war, very much appreciated 

There was a 1922 pattern that was more closely cut (fitted) rather than as previously, loose to permit layering.  It could be identified by a single rather than double diagonal stitched down pleat on each side running from the top of the breast pocket to the collar.  This one seems to have two pleats on each side, but with the caveat that I am looking on a phone screen.

Edited by FROGSMILE