Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

20th light division

Terry Ferroni

Good evening,

I have happened upon a pair of military spurs which are engraved WRPD ASC 268, along with some swan neck box spurs with (I believe) the makers name 'Leeds Oates'. 

Could someone please tell me if the WRPD refers to someone's initials and if so who that may be or is it something else...?

The spurs came with a cap/collar box with the initials EHH,  not too sure at all if they have any connections.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

Terry

Hi all,

I have some military officers horse spurs with the initials WRPD ASC 268 stamped upon them. Is the WRPD the officers initials or does it refer to something else?

Best regards,

Terry 

• Admin

Duplicate threads merged.

7 hours ago, Terry Ferroni said:

Hi all,

I have some military officers horse spurs with the initials WRPD ASC 268 stamped upon them. Is the WRPD the officers initials or does it refer to something else?

Best regards,

Terry 

There are no medal index cards for anyone in the ASC (Army Service Corps) with the corps/ regimental number 268.

Someone with that number could have seen only home service though, and not be recorded on the MICs.

Of course, officers didn’t have service numbers so WRPD could be initials but then that would make ASC 268 a greater mystery as it would not then relate to an individual.

Cheers,

GT.