Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for help in identifying

vdanci

Hello, I'm looking to find out about this pennant (I think) that was left to me in a big box of ww1 things. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Daniela

20230518_150948.jpg

On 18/05/2023 at 15:10, vdanci said:

Hello, I'm looking to find out about this pennant (I think) that was left to me in a big box of ww1 things. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Daniela

20230518_150948.jpg

It appears to be a car, or command vehicle pennant, that was used for senior officers staff cars and so more likely to be associated with WW2, and the years subsequently**.  
The central colours of red yellow and white are the critical element, as a vast majority of striped pennant backgrounds are dark blue.  There are some similarities with pennants related to the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME - formed 1941), but it’s not quite the same with the white missing.  If you could elucidate more information regarding the details of family members who might conceivably be connected with the pennant, then that will provide a start point and direction of travel for further investigation.

** It also looks much too pristine to be related to WW1, which was over a century ago with proportionate effects on colour and cloth material.

IMG_7907.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE