Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

London Militaria Shopping / Shops

S Kelly

In terms of physical shops, no. They’ve almost all gone in London sadly. Militaria fairs are your best bet for physically viewing / buying stuff, but I don’t know of any regular ones in central London. I would do a bit of googling to see if there are taking place that are reachable from London during the time you’re there.

There is the London Medal Company near the bottom of Charing Cross Road who have *some* militaria, but the clue is in the title as to what their main business is and their prices are top dollar.

(Back in the day, Target Arms in Dulwich was a good place for WWI militaria as the proprietor had a particular interest in it. It was there I bought my sawback S.84/98 bayonet. They closed many years ago)

What were you after?

Edited by peregrinvs

You might get lucky at one of the regular antiques / collectibles / bric-a-brac markets that take place in London such as Covent Garden, Spitalfields or Portobello Road, but the odds are low. Militaria fairs are your best bet, but as mentioned you’ll probably have to travel outside of London.

Modern retail costs mean that the old school militaria emporium is a highly endangered species in the UK and largely extinct in London. Most dealers these days sell online and / or at fairs.

. Militaria fairs....the sellers have low overheads but charge retail prices. ..hence Ebay has many items

If you pm me, I can give you details of two traders in Hampshire who have a shop or storage unit.

One in Winchester the other in Liphook.

They come with absolutly no recommendation from me and I have no personal connection with them.

Best thing to do is ring them beforehand and dicuss your wants before you travel to save a wasted trip.

Both should be within an hours travel from Central London.

There’s a Militaria shop in the Lanes in Brighton. I’ve only ever peered through the window as it all looks rather expensive.

2 hours ago, Dust Jacket Collector said:

There’s a Militaria shop in the Lanes in Brighton. I’ve only ever peered through the window as it all looks rather expensive.

To confirm your suspicions of expensive, the online shop is here…..https://www.thelanesarmoury.co.uk/shop.php?ps=1

Dave