Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thiepval Memorial Cheshire Regiment Names

GrahamC

Hi pals - bit of a long shot, but have come across a new name for my website www.grandadswar.co.uk and am looking for a photo of his name on the Thiepval Memorial. I thought I'd got all the pictures I needed for this and my other websites - but as always ......

The soldier concerned is Pte. 10103 John William Beard, k.i.a. 21 September 1916. He was one of three (out of four) brothers to make the supreme sacrifice - all Cheshire Regiment. Their cousin (I believe) served in 'D' Company with my grandad and was killed whilst in captivity in April 1918.

This brave and interesting family can be found - https://grandadswar.co.uk/pt-j-beard/

Many thanks as always for looking

GrahamC

• Admin

Will try to get there next Thursday for you. If you can PM me Wednesday night? 

Many thanks, Michelle, just hope I remember !!!!!

Hi Michelle and Ian

I've had a reply from a Facebook post and have been sent a photo of Pte. Beard's name on the Memorial from another Cheshire Regiment researcher.

Many, many thanks for your kind offers to do this for me, but I'm fixed up now so have no further need. Can't promise I won't be back at some time though!

Best wishes and thanks again

Graham

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Hi Michelle and Ian

I've had a reply from a Facebook post and have been sent a photo of Pte. Beard's name on the Memorial from another Cheshire Regiment researcher.

Many, many thanks for your kind offers to do this for me, but I'm fixed up now so have no further need. Can't promise I won't be back at some time though!

Best wishes and thanks again

Graham

Main thing is that you got sorted Graham, Ian.