Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cherisey-Stellung (Metz)

Tom Oliviers

Hello

I'm looking for more informations about the cherisey-stellung, south of the Kaiserliche Fortifikation Metz. I found allready tons of bunkers and artillery positions with the help of old aerials from "remonter le temps", but i'm wondering if someone has the german trenchmaps of this position?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Oliviers, Bunkerfreaks Antwerpen

image.png.4d5a18181c8a63a4260cedc80f3c819a.png

The same location together with the festes and infanteriewerken behind the bunkerline

image.png.3f969d2f82a6136bb9a430f67648cee7.png

• 8 months later...
On 22/04/2023 at 19:25, Tom Oliviers said:

Hello

I'm looking for more informations about the cherisey-stellung, south of the Kaiserliche Fortifikation Metz. I found allready tons of bunkers and artillery positions with the help of old aerials from "remonter le temps", but i'm wondering if someone has the german trenchmaps of this position?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Oliviers, Bunkerfreaks Antwerpen

image.png.4d5a18181c8a63a4260cedc80f3c819a.png

Tom, we are working on a large set of German maps and you may be lucky. I cannot look up that area yet as the metadata is not finished, After a while they will appear on TrenchMapper.

I sent you a PM a while ago about bunkers- we may be able to work together.

Howard

Hi Tom and Howard, I'm working on the same topics in preparation for a book. I've made many plans, could we share on the subject?

Always happy to help if I can. My main area is mapping, Tom knows a lot about bunkers etc.

Howard

Hi Julien,

We have had contact (on delcampe). There's a few people here on the forum that have some knowledge about fortifications and bunkers. Apart from myself, see

there's also @mebu and others of course.

Jan

Hi Jan, I know your work well. Overall, I carry out research work on the lines of the Wotanstellung, Siegfriedstellung, Hundingstellung... with standard plans and maps with field surveys. I need to cross-reference information on bunker models and also a little help on the German archives, which are a bit far away for me and especially difficult to access and reproduce.

I also try to compare the plans of the instructions and the surveys of the field.