Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for help! The Man Who Saved The World

John whifflebottom

Hi Guys,

I am looking to help share light on some amazing untold WW stories. If anyone is interested I would love to try and make 1 new video a month and share new ideas with like minded people. I will pay for the full production as its my passion to share things all war related. I mainly focus on untold stories to help share light on some of our forgotten heroes.

Please drop me a message below with your story ideas that you would want me to turn into a small mini doc. Usually around 7-10 mins.

To give you an idea of the most recent one we did you can see here.

This is not for financial gain but simply a passion of mine since my great grandad was lost in the war.

Please share this around the groups as I would love to talk to people about any stories they would like me create.

Thanks

• Admin

Do your videos have any relevance to the Great War? Your two viewable videos are not Great War related. 

Dear Michelle,

I appreciate your message regarding the relevance of my videos to the Great War. While my two viewable videos may not be directly related to the Great War, I am certainly capable of providing insightful information and stories pertaining to that era. My mission when finding this group is to connect with like minded passionate people who wish to share there stories and allow me to bring these to small visuals and share to others.

Since joining this group I have already had a message from a lovely man called called Gunner who we are now exchanging ideas with.

My channel is new so I want to share some insights on the great war next.

Thank you.

John

Hi Allan,

Thank you! We will be encouraging new WW1 enthusiasts to join this group also! 

Please feel free to share any untold stories you would like us to review for our next production.

Thanks

Sean

John, sounds most interesting and thanks for letting us know your ideas.

One of the poignant stories on this forum is that of Ned Parfett.  His photograph has been seen by millions over the years as the young newsboy showing the billboard with news of the Titanic sinking.  Six years later he himself was killed not long before Armistice, collecting clothes to return home on leave.  His descendant is still active on this forum and could be approached to see if he is interested assisting.

Good luck, Bill

Dear Bill,

Your ideas sound most intriguing, and we appreciate you sharing them with us. We are particularly moved by the touching story of Ned Parfett Kia.

I am going to look into this and see if we can bring this to production for a small mini doc. I would love to help more awareness on this subject.

This makes me very excited, If we can share this post around the forum and the majority are happy for this to be our first production I can then start my research.

Thank you so much!

John

Thanks John, a few members visit his CWGC cemetery to pay their respects. I've now tagged @domwalsh to alert him of your interest.

Thanks for the intro Bill.

@Gunner 87 has also shared the story of Sir Adrian Carton de Wiart's.

I am so grateful to everyone sharing these so please keep them coming and lets make something great together.

Thanks

Good afternoon all.

I am intrigued at what you have planned for my great uncle Ned, the Titanic newspaper boy. Happy to help in whatever way I can.

Regards

Dom

Hi Dom,

It would be an honor to do this!

I would be so grateful if you have any documents on the story or website likes ect. If we have any footage or more pictures of this him also. 

When looking online so far it seems there are a few different stories.

Many thanks

John

Email has been removed as spammers may harvest it from here. Please use the private message system to communicate such information. Admin.

Thank you