Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

It's british ww1 table spoon?

Flavio

Hi guys, finally after a long time again a stroll in the British area, I didn't find much: a glass bottle to reassemble which I assume contained whiskey and which I will post as soon as it is rebuilt and a spoon I think alpaca with brands that do not refer to Italian producers or Austrians. Do you think it's English? Thanks for your help and interest

IMG_20230319_195658.jpg

IMG_20230319_195717.jpg

IMG_20230319_211148.jpg

IMG_20230319_211134.jpg

12 hours ago, Flavio said:

Hi guys, finally after a long time again a stroll in the British area, I didn't find much: a glass bottle to reassemble which I assume contained whiskey and which I will post as soon as it is rebuilt and a spoon I think alpaca with brands that do not refer to Italian producers or Austrians. Do you think it's English? Thanks for your help and interest

It looks to be British by the style of the stamping. 

10 hours ago, PhilB said:

Here`s a possibility.

Nice spot.  Your i.d. is far more than a 'possibility' Phil.......it's a certainty.......(J)ohn (M)c(C)lory (S)heffield (-) (E)lectro(P)late.

JMCS.jpeg

Thank you all for your precious interventions, I will not deny that for us having found our first English spoon is a reason for great satisfaction, certainly a spoon of private acquisition as often happened both for the Italian and Austrian troops operating in the plateau area of Asiago.

I confess that these areas of the sector belonging to the British troops today find something of interest is really difficult.

They are areas beaten and beaten over the years by metal detector enthusiasts but with perseverance and study it is possible to blow up something of course the rarity is inherent in English objects both for the short time in which they stayed in the Plateau and for the smaller number of men in proportion to the Italian and Austrian troops, both for the systematic cleaning and that the British troops themselves operated where they were stationed

Edited by Flavio