Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Reserve-Lazarett V in Hannover area of Germany

Chris_Baker

I would be grateful for information that would confirm the location of Reserve-Lazarett V in the Hannover area. I have found good references to others nearby, but as luck would have it not this one. A man that I am studing died there in May 1918 and was buried in the Linden-Limmer military cemetery. Is that a clue to V being the hospital that was situated in the Lindenhof building in Linden-Limmer?

Edited by Chris_Baker
Typo

The cemetery was the Garrison Cemetery and was used a burial ground for those who died in all the local hospitals and did not hail from Hannover or Linden.

http://www.lebensraum-linden.de/downloads/datei/OTAwMDAxMDM1Oy07L3Vzci9sb2NhbC9odHRwZC92aHRkb2NzL2xpbmRlbi9saW5kZW4vbWVkaWVuL2Rva3VtZW50ZS92b3J0cmFnc2ZvbGllbl8yMDE3XzA0XzA0LnBkZg%3D%3D

Charlie

Edited by charlie2

15 hours ago, Chris_Baker said:

I would be grateful for information that would confirm the location of Reserve-Lazarett V in the Hannover area. I have found good references to others nearby, but as luck would have it not this one. A man that I am studing died there in May 1918 and was buried in the Linden-Limmer military cemetery. Is that a clue to V being the hospital that was situated in the Lindenhof building in Linden-Limmer?

Hi Chris,

Numbered Reserve-Lazarette could be found in any big city I would say. There wasn't just 1 "Reserve-Lazarett V". Reserve-Lazarette were almost always named after the city they were in (or the actual building: school, convent etc). More information is needed.

Jan

Thank you. I have received some info from a reliable source elsewhere. Only a fragment of evidence from another soldier's story, but it places Hannover's Reserve-Lazarett V in the former Kriegschule buildings.