Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Slade-Wallace Equipment - Regiments ID.

SLON

I found this complete set of equipment (with P1894 pouches) at one of the auctions, and I would like to ask which regiments this should have been issued based on stamps?

I know this is a WWI forum at first, but it would be quite interesting to know. Thank you in advance.

MudsWYW.png

xgqE0EH.png

The top pic shows RWF, Royal Welsh fusiliers???, but there does seem to be a mix of stamps,  I’m sure others may chip in….this may help for starters though…http://oldmilitarymarkings.com/brit_bayo.html

Dave.

Edited by Dave66

The second reason I'm interested is because this set comes with a rare magazine pouch (not the same as from the early 1890s, for MLM Mk.I).
This thing is one of the most mysterious pieces of equipment - I've seen five of them at least. And yes, they also have issuance stamps (rectangular) into, and dirt from use, only one was without it and clearly not issued (in excellent condition).
What confuses me is that I haven't seen a single photo with it...
On the other hand, there are also definitely not, for example, any photos of the use of SMLE with a 20-round magazine, although we know that they definitely were. I don't know what else to add...
By the way, this is not the first time when meet with some mysterious objects.

kq7m7Vv.png