Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anyone help with these identifying this uniform ?

Christopher Smith

I have found this photo of my grandfather George Jeremiah Smith ( In civvies) next to either one of his brothers or relatives. Can anyone identify the person’s rank and regiment please ?.

Much Thanks

Chris2EC1254C-B659-40AA-9167-782BF25B099C.png.5214611e1092ebc5b0808c2a48edc721.png

I'd  say Royal Artillery in the early 1920s. He may have a surviving service record held by the MOD / National  Archives.

7 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

early 1920s.

Agreed 1920s. Collar badges indicate this. Lanyard on RT shoulder may date?

Edited by charlie962

2 hours ago, charlie962 said:

Probably Gunner. 

Duplicated thread unfortunately, but yes a Gunner, Royal Artillery circa early 1930s, going by his civilian chums dress style.

9E284619-6AF7-46DA-B8CE-9BDC91E4A040.jpeg

D06AC947-A8A8-462E-B92A-2DB838C28E27.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

• Admin

Christopher, I understand that you are very keen to find information about  your relatives, but making multiple threads  is confusing to the people trying to help you. Can we keen things on just one thread please?  

Hi Michelle

My apologies as I stated previously I am new to this and my logic was different relatives different threads.

Which thread shall I stick to and only answer on ?.

Thanks Chris

• Admin

Seeing as the same man has appeared on both threads it’s got confused. You are quite right, separate threads for separate relatives, but I’m struggling to work out who is who and what is what at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Michelle Young said:

Seeing as the same man has appeared on both threads it’s got confused. You are quite right, separate threads for separate relatives, but I’m struggling to work out who is who and what is what at the moment. 

The man on this thread looks too young to have served WW1(and certainly earned no medals) so perhaps this one should close?

Charlie